On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 06:31:16 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> The "java.util.logging.LogManager" class uses the "threadgroup sandboxing"
> via an AppContext to support "applet logging isolation". The AppContext class
> became useless since the plugin and webstart are no longer supported and
> removed in jdk11.
>
> This is the request to delete the usage of AppContext in the LogManager and
> related tests.
>
> Tested by tier1/tier2/tier3 and jdk_desktop tests.

Right. I am also a bit uncomfortable about the inconsistency. That said - if
everybody agrees that this should be done I have no objection. The changes to
the java.util.logging implementation correspond to my expectation if this were
to be carried through.

test/jdk/java/util/logging/TestLoggingWithMainAppContext.java line 1:

> 1: /*

Humm... There's no direct reference to AppContext here. Maybe this test should
be preserved?