On Fri, 15 Oct 2021 13:49:27 GMT, Weijun Wang <wei...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> It'd be useful to have a -version option for keytool and jarsigner. Many
>> other JDK tools already have a -version option. This is to add -version
>> option to keytool and jarsigner like jar command does.
>>
>> CSR review:
>
> For the CSR, is it necessary to list the `-help` output change?

@wangweij Thanks for your review! Regarding your CSR comment if it is necessary
to list the `-help` output change, as the current keytool manage lists its
commands [1], and then I’ve added an entry for `-version` at the end of the
list in the CSR. The jarsigner manpage lists the options [2], and I also added
an entry for `-version` to its list. Are you suggesting we should add a new
output for `-help` in keytool and jarsigner manpages?
[1]
https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/docs/specs/man/keytool.html#synopsis
[2]
https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/docs/specs/man/jarsigner.html#synopsis