On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 21:00:12 GMT, Weijun Wang <wei...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> There is no need to check for the KeyUsage extension when validating a TSA
>> certificate.
>>
>> A test is modified where a TSA cert has a KeyUsage but without the
>> DigitalSignature bit.
>
> Weijun Wang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   clarify RFC requirement

Hi Michael. Thanks for the comment. That was also our previous understanding
but we are seeing timestamp returning by sigstore.dev (see the `rekor
timestamp` command at https://github.com/sigstore/rekor) whose cert does not
have the DigitialSignature bit set.

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----