On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 17:14:41 GMT, Mark Powers <mpow...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> It's not clear to me what is causing this test failure, but your fix is to
> drain the input stream and flush the output?

Yes, that's the gist of it.  I didn't realize originally that I was leaving
unread data in the input stream, so draining that and making sure everything
was flushed definitely improved things.  The other changes were just minor
extras (additional logging, etc.) that made sense while I was in this class.

> test/jdk/sun/security/provider/certpath/OCSP/OCSPNoContentLength.java line 59:
>
>> 57:
>> 58:     // Enable debugging for additional output
>> 59:     static final boolean debug = true;
>
> Do you intend to leave this `true`?

Yes, I would like to leave this in the off chance this does rear its ugly head
again.  I've done hundreds upon hundreds of iterations of this test both by
itself and as part of tier2 runs and no failures occur.  If it did fail though,
I'd like to have the extra logging.  It doesn't add very much to the output,
but the info is useful.

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/12370