Thx for detail answers.

Yes. I don't want you to spend months on a contribution only to have us decide it is not something we want to include in the JDK.
I really appreciate that.
Yes, but PSK introduces security issues that need to be considered. We would have to be very careful about how we proceed and expose the functionality if we decide to support it.
I'm not sure to see security issue you have in mind. Do you have any resources to share about that ? 🙏

Unfortunately, these are not decisions that can be made quickly. I do understand that there are some desirable things missing from the JDK DTLS implementation in order to better support IoT use cases, but I ask you to be patient while we investigate and determine if this is an area that we want to further invest in.
I understand. I didn't expect a short term solution but I just tried to see if I could help to improve this not so good situation for IoT Java Developer at mid/long term.

Note that reported features are needed for DTLS but for TLS too (except CID of course).

Additional community data is always helpful.
So I will try to collect more data.

Thx again for your time.

Simon