Thx Sean,

So just to be sure that I get you correctly, that means there is only a static way to disable that ? No way to configure it differently for each SslSocket or SslEngine?

For example, If I have a java application with 1  socket for https (e.g. a REST API) and another socket on for coaps+tcp (e.g. to handle IoT devices), both using SunJSEE,  I can only enable or disable renegotiation for both or none of them  ?

In my case, I implement an open source library which implement LWM2M protocol, so ideally I should provide a LWM2M Server without renegotiation by default but changing|`jdk.tls.rejectClientInitiatedRenegotiation` |programmatically is not an option as this will affect all other library/code which could be used with that library.

So, If there is no other option, I will not be able to provide a default configuration which follow "TLS / DTLS profiles for the IoT", too bad.

Simon