Hello everyone here,

I have recently seen the announcement that GitHub enabled security
vulnerability private reporting to be managed globally for
organisations:

https://docs.github.com/en/code-security/security-advisories/guidance-on-reporting-and-writing/privately-reporting-a-security-vulnerability

Since currently we are using security@ in our policy, I was just
wondering if there are ways the GitHub reporting can be leveraged as
well (Additionally to mailing lists maybe rather than replacing it for
projects that already use GitHub)

I am not sure if that is needed or necessary, or whether it could
fit-in the current process? Or maybe we do not want to use it at all
(there are certain properties of using a mailing list that make it
less noisy than Github reporting I think and I believe we have some
integrations that make it easier to manage than issues reported in
multiple repos).

Just wanted to raise it here, maybe people do not realise that as of
recently this capability exists in GitHub.

Or maybe someone already uses it and has some experiences to share?

J.