> On 28 Mar 2023, at 14:46, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 at 12:42, Dirk-Willem van Gulik
> <di...@webweaving.org> wrote:
>>

>> On 28 Mar 2023, at 13:11, Arnout Engelen <enge...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> In Apache we already have a kind of hierarchy where a PMC covers
>>> multiple projects, and each project can publish a number of artifacts.
>>> At first glance it would make sense to document how to 'encode' that
>>
>> As we currently defacto assume that any PCM gets a domain such as
>> <pmc-name>.apache.org - with a human oriented website at
>> https://pmc-name.apache.org/ associated - I would guess that
>> org.apache.<pmc-name> or the FQDN is a good start for any PMC.  As we're
>> likely to keep that namespace free of clashes - even over very long periods
>> of time.
>>
>> Now a lot of PMCs just have one `product' -- often with the same name.
>>
>> So perhaps a simple rule of that remove any consecutive duplicates would be
>> a good start.  Although ISO/IEC 19770-2:2015 and the IETF work on a SWID do
>> sort of assume you do not do exactly that (they assume a regid that way
>> separate from product identifier AFAIU).
>>
>> Having incubator prefixes `invalidate' as they become TLP's is not that big
>> a loss.
>
> What about TLP renames?

Well - I would imagine* that we generally do this forward- and would find it
very acceptable that a (vulnerability in an) old package retains its 'old' TLP
name; while more recent vulnerabilities get a new name ? Or am I missing
something ?

Dw.

*) I am trying to avoid getting into https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3406 and
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2483 and https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3404.txt