Hi,

tl;dr: If you're interested in sharing your favorite story around open source
and security and need an excuse to travel to Berlin (or spend some time online
in good company discussing these topics over a virtual beer) -
https://foss-security-campus.de/ tries to bring together people interested in
security research and open source.

Longer version:

During the log4shell incident I watched several teams at my own employer
scramble to figure out if they are affected and what to do about it. After
talking with several peers I realized that we were by no way alone in that.

As a result I got together with several friends to provide time and space for
* discussing related topics in person and online
* sharing our wisdom and experience with the wider ecosystem.

As a result we started working on FOSS Security Campus in Berlin/Germany. The
idea is to bring together speakers to discuss these topics - but amend that
event with days reserved for trainings that include all of the basics that
downstream users should be aware of but more often than not aren't. We are
looking for anything related to process, people, community, tech - looking at
both, the perspective of things open source projects do but also what
downstream users have to know and do.

CfP is still open. If there is a place where this message should be posted -
please to feel free to forward.

Warm regards from a chilly (though in September hopefully sunny) Berlin,
Isabel