> PS: The only piece of automatisation we are missing is the possibility
to countersign the released artifacts.

That is going to be (likely) part of the Artifact Distribution Platform. In
this case Trusted Publisher is not a replacement of what ADP will be doing,
but it is merely to authenticate the upload operation and replace personal
keys.

The provenance/attestation feature I linked before
https://discuss.python.org/t/pep-740-index-support-for-digital-attestations/44498
- Draft PEP 740 when implemented in PyPI will allow us to upload
attestations together with the artifacts, which will be cool :)

J.