> On 28 May 2000, 12:06, kae422 wrote:
>
> > shucks... I guess I have to give up....
> > I can't seem to find the picture of the 1996 Olympics Mens Gymnastic
> > Team (Pommel Horse) member --- named Mark R. Sohn... links on the net
> > but no pictures... and upcoming birthday surprise is fast approaching...
> > it would spoil the surprise if I asked him for the picture... shucks...
> > I wish someone had a connection to the old coverage of the 1996 Olympics
> > in the Atlanta Newspaper ---either a direct connection to someone at the
> > paper that would get the picture or someone in the public library system
> > there... the contacts I made to the newspaper just keep passing me from
> > dept. to dept... durn...durn... durn...
>
> I'm sorry, Patti, but I gave it my best shot and I am sure others did,
> as well.  The WWW gives us many answers but it does not always give us
> every answer.
>
> Alan
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'll also have to admit to doing a serious search on this guy.  I
found a lot of history--through his time at Penn State through his
unaffiliated days through the Olympics through even recent
exhibitions.  Everything was in text, except for one picture of the
gymnastic team that might have included him, but did not identify any
of the faces specifically.

I used Copernic and searched Web sites, news sites, sports sites.  No
pictures in spite of shoving a couple of hundred megabytes through
the modem.  If anything is to be found, I usually can find it using
the Copernic engine, although it really sucks up time, bandwidth and
disk space.  In this case, there doesn't seem to be anything to be
found.

Considering finding an information broker in the Atlanta area.
They're experienced in finding meatspace artifacts like this one.