On 21 Jun 2000, 15:29, JL Senatore wrote:

> I'm having a rough time finding something online and I wondered if
> someone on this list might be able to help.
>
> A friend of mine owns a computer store that sells used notebooks and
> laptops.
>
> She's looking for Asia-based manufacturers of portable computer
> batteries *including* the housing/casing..ready-to-use.. not just the
> cells..
>
> So far, I've only come across the ones who manufacture battery cells or
> batteries for cell phones.
>
> I'm pretty good at finding things online, but this one has me going
> google-eyed..
>
> Any help/suggestions would be appreciated..

Does she just wish to purchase batteries or does she want to locate web
sites of Asian manufacturers?

If she wishes to purchase, she might check out The Battery Source...

http://www.batterysource.com/laptbidx.htm

...or Electronic Service Solutions:

http://www.ftwtexas.com/ess/

If she is looking to purchase wholesale, she might do better at
SurplusTraders.net.  Here is there Batteries page:

http://www.73.com/a/0009.shtml

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]