----- Original Message -----
From: "Borghoms, Luc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 2:40 AM
Subject: [SaF] MP3 encoders

> what do you consider the best MP3 encoder (freeware) on the Net? I'm using
> Fraunhofer's. Good quality, and the MP3 files can be played back as a WAV
> file, but sound files are limited to 128b.

The best freeware MP3 encoder?
Well, IMO, it's got to be CDex.
Please pardon the self-promotion for my list, but you can find info about
CDex here-
http://www.ashlists.org/useful-things/firstinc/dec1999/cdex.htm

Version 1.20 was featured on my list ( and is available for download there )
but the current version is 1.30.

If you decide to buy one, you must get Audiograbber. I bought it and highly
recommend it. It's $25 for the full version, there is a free version, but it
can only copy half of the tracks without restarting the program. You can
find it here-
http://www.audiograbber.com/

Ben Cooper
Site Of The Day: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NetSites: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Useful Things: TO: [EMAIL PROTECTED] BODY: subscribe useful-things