On 2 Sep 2000, 7:13, Shyamal Gupta wrote:

> Am having a pretty terrible time looking for reseller sites or stores
> (in Canada or the US) from which I could buy a 2 to 4 GB hard disk for
> my Compaq laptop. The problem is that its an old model -- LTE 5280, and
> none of the Compaq sites are of much help.

This company resells Compaq models and has the LTE 5380 in stock, but I
do not see just the drive itself, for sale.  You might try and contact
someone at this store:

http://www.look-inc.com/portables.htm

Here is another site to check out:

http://www.laptopmall.com/

You might not see your model hard drive, but the store might have them
in stock.

~~~

In searching for you, I found indications that the auction sites
sometimes sells used hard drives for your model.  You check out some of
the better auction sites, such as eBay and uBid:

http://www.ebay.com/

http://www.ubid.com/

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]