> Sir,
> In early days of PCs wasn't there computers other than
> PCs, for example Commodore 64 which were at that time
> classified as Home PCs? I would like to know if
> such machines are still marketed.
> Thank you,
> Sajeev.

For the most part, no.  There have been numerous attempts to revive
the Amiga, and there's been one recently, but it's not clear whether
it will be viable.  Of course, even if the Amiga was revived, it
wouldn't look much like what came out in the mid-80s.

One of the very first companies that manufactured microcomputers back
in the late '70s was Cromemco.  They're still around, but they've
gone to Unix boxes, massively parallel architectures, and neural
networks.  Obviously, their marketing target has changed.  Just about
every other company folded or got bought up by the mid 80s, with the
exception of Commodore.

The last known real competition to the Mac/Intel hegemony was NeXT,
which folded a number of years ago.  The hardware section of the
company was sold to Sony, which never did anything with it, and the
software including the NeXTstep environment went to Apple.  Apple no
longer sells any of the NeXTstep components effective 9/30/2000.