On 10 Dec 2000, 15:57, anthony divjak wrote:

> I am one of those people that would somethime like to know whether my
> last post has been read by recipient, in this case (a stuborn
> girlfriend) a future ex. Any help on that one, I am most certainly not
> interested in spamming, any one.

The next time you send your girlfriend an email from your Outlook
Express, from the top menu select:

Tools | Request Read Receipt

That is not a guarantee that you would receive a receipt of her reading
your message, but if her email program is set up to receive that type
of request and respond to it, then you will get acknowledgement of her
reading the message.

> The other reason that I ask, is when I recently send a greating card
> I got an option of confirmation, which worked well. Thanks on any
> ideas, by the way, a great list, I am learning a loot! Anthony

You might also visit the follow site and try it out for your needs:

ReturnReceipt.com

http://www.returnreceipt.com/

I hope that you will always remember that in email you should try to
respect your recipient's privacy as you would wish them to respect
yours.  I learned long ago to just accept the fact that correspondents
may just wish to stop writing me and to let them go.

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]