Peace,

 The special equipment I was referring to includes telephone handsets
for computers. They look like a regular telephone but are used only on
computers. There are also special sound cards that are supposed to improve
the call quality over the Internet. Go to Dialpad's home page and you'll
find the equipment I mentioned. They sell this equipment of course but
don't count on any customer service. I have emailed them repeatedly for
information only to be ignored each time. Caveat emptor.

Jeff