On 13 Feb 2001, 15:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> TOOOOOOOO   FUNNY!!!

Funny to you, but I was dead serious and so have many through the
years as they tried to navigate through that huge labyrinth known as
www.microsoft.com.

Microsoft is made up of many departments.  Each of them is working on
their web sites independent of the other departments.  Often visitors
need to link from one site within Microsoft.com to another site and
that is where trouble begins.  Things are not always well coordinated
there between the departments.  One department might link to
something at the MS site, unaware that the site to which they are
linking, has moved that particular page.  Also, Microsoft's overuse
of ASP also adds to the problem, as these scripts tend to be full of
errors.  At least that is my experience.  Also, department
responsibilities and assignments change from company restructuring.
You may think one technology is located at one site, but later you
learn that technology is now under the auspices of a different
department.

The Microsoft site is so utterly huge that if you spend much time in
it, you surely will get lost at some point.

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]