Hi,

    This is a last resort request, so I hope somebody can help.

    Does anybody here know how to remove a file with a file name that is too
long in Windows 98, 2d edition?  I reinstalled Windows 98, and still
couldn't remove the long-name files.  I asked several so-called computer
gurus how to delete them, but nothing has worked so far.  The one file (a
shortcut to a website), shuts down the system (without shutting completely
down, but when I restart, scandisk automaticaly runs) when I try to delete
it from the menu, drag it to the recycle bin, or try to rename it.  The
other file (an empty folder), won't let me select it, so I can't get to the
menu or drag it to the recycle bin, or rename it.   Is there a way to remove
these two files, or rename them so they can be deleted?  Please don't make
me shoot the computer; it's too new.

Dan