On 19 Feb 2001, 21:23, George wrote:

> If I would like to launch my career as a book critics for the rest of my
> life, where shall I begin with? Shall I have had some kinds of formal
> training? Or are there some kinds of professional organizations of book
> critics? How shall I kick out of the ball?

You need to study Writing, with emphasis probably in Journalism.  Most
literary or book reviews are done in newspaper and magazine columns, so
that style of writing would rule, albeit successful critics do develope
their own unique styles of writing.  Further education would be your best
ticket to a writing career.

I might also add that writing itself, is a practiced art.  The more you
write, the better you get.  If you are interested in making a career as a
literary critic, then get started now writing.  As you learn better
techniques, your writing will improve.

Okay, let me see if I can find some resources for you on the web:

~~~

Here are a listing of Writer's Resources at About.com:

http://writerexchange.about.com/arts/writerexchange/cs/
writerresources/index.htm

Note: The above URL is actually one continuous line and should be
entered into your browser's address box as one line.

~~~

Here is an instructional page on "How To Write A Book Review"

http://www.uky.edu/LCC/HIS/review.html

~~~

Sometimes we can learn by example.  Here is a site where the author
presents their own book reviews:

Literary Criticism And Book Journalism

http://hartwilliams.com/no1.htm

~~~

Here is another tutorial page on writing a book review:

http://www2.lapl.org/central/guides/book_reports.html

~~~

More literary criticisms to study as example:

IPL Online Literary Criticism Collection

http://www.ipl.org/ref/litcrit/

~~~

A Glossary of Literary Criticism

http://www.sil.org/humanities/litcrit/gloss.htm

~~~

An Introduction to Literary Criticism

http://members.home.net/mikencarrie/critcont.htm

~~~

The Association of Literary Scholars and Critics:

http://www.scoliast.com/ALSC/

~~~

I might suggest you visit the Poynter.org to see what that site offers
you.   "The Poynter Institute is a school for journalists, future
journalists, and teachers of journalism. Our students come here in a
search for excellence. Our teachers provide focused instruction and
personal support in that quest."

http://www.poynter.org/

~~~

And lastly, explore the Journalism resources listed in the Open
Directory:

http://search.dmoz.org/cgi-bin/search?search=Journalism

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]