"I don't like Mondays" was the reply Brenda Spencer gave when asked why she
opened fire on Cleveland Elementary school in San Diego, California. The
school has since changed names, but the incident has been mentioned
frequently this week because of the shooting at Santana High School in
Santee, California. Santee is a growing community east of San Diego.

Personally, being connected to several of these incidents has been
disturbing to me. First, the Brenda Spencer shooting occurred when I was
the assistant principal at an elementary school off the same street as
Cleveland Elementary School. The news spread fast. Within an hour, people
who knew me thought that I had been shot. As more details were released,
there was a sigh of relief -- different school.

My mother helped open Santana High School, taught art there until she
retired. In addition, I was born in Williamsport, PA.

EEEEEErrrrryyyyy, no?

At 10:37 AM 3/8/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know where I can find the lyrics to the song above and the
>story behind the lyrics - I know it was based on a real incident in the
>late 70's/early 80's in California.
>Leslie Pearson
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mayan  Avitable
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]