Yes, there is special consideration for those workers with physical
limitations.  Employers have to make "reasonable efforts" to accomodate their
employees or face potentail legal actions by the employee.  However, there
are some jobs where "reasonable accomodations" cannot be made without major
expense and unreasonable efforts, and that employer is protected by OTHER
laws that allow him to not hire by the EEOC standards that protect other
workers.

One rule that I run into every day on my job is that we can (and do!) require
that our employees be US CITIZENS or GREEN CARD HOLDERS.  No exceptions.  And
that form of "legal discriminatory exclusion" (for lack of a better term) is
legal, and is not supported by any EEOC rules in effect.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Hello,
>  Thank You, for your reply.

>  At 08/03/2001 10:40:00 AM, you wrote:
>  >In the USA, it is illegal for a potential employer to discriminate based
on sex, age, religious affiliation, disability, or race.  Does that mean that
in the US, there is no special consideration / job reservation etc. for
physically handicapped people?