Hi Peace & Everyone (& Peace to everyone 8-)!

You wrote:

     A friend of mine told me she saw a screen saver called Aurora Borealis.
It's
     exactly what it sounds like -- a screen saver with the a few images of the
     Aurora Borealis. She cannot remember the name of the developer, but she
said
     she saw it on the web last week somewhere. I have done a basic search for
it,
     and cannot find it.  Can someone help me locate it please? I'll keep
     searching as well.

I asked this question as you gave it "screen saver called Aurora Borealis"
(without the quotes)
to AskJeeves (http://www.askjeeves.com). One of the answers was:

     Aurora 2000 Screen Saver at Rocket Download

     Download, description, review and screen shot for Aurora 2000 Screen Saver.
 Watch the Aurora Borealis in this Cosmic screen saver

It looks like this is exactly what you're looking for. Success in fetching it!

     Leo.