On 30 Apr 2001, at 14:05, Sajeev wrote:

> I am seeking biographies of the software/internet magnate
> whose names are furnished below. If information is not available
> on the www, and some of you have personal memoirs like
> letters, photographs regarding them, I shall be thankful if you
> give them to me on or off list.
>
> 1. Alan S. Harrell
> 2. Bill Gates

At biography.com you can find brief biographies on over 25,000
personalities, including William H. (Bill) Gates:

http://www.biography.com/

And of course, you can find the official, sanitized biography of Bill
Gates at the Microsoft site:

http://www.microsoft.com/billgates/bio.asp

A biography is a written history of a person's life but if it has not
been written, then you would have no biography.  Some biographies are
written by the person themselves and these are called
autobiographies.

As to the first name you listed, I can attest there has not been a
serious autobiography written other than in private letters to close
friends.  And I think I can say with certainty no third party has
ever written a biography of that first person you list.

But don't let me stop the talented searchers on our list from looking
for a biography of the first person.  You never know. :-)

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]