On 26 May 2001, at 17:41, K. Bryan wrote:

> I read the descriptions on both of those pages and I still don't
> understand what a CD Drive Emulator is.  Wanna break it down for me
> fellas?

I'll try, but the concept was new to me, too.

Apparently an image of a CD can be produced and saved to a hard
drive.  The CD emulator program makes it possible to run this image
from your hard drive in lieu of running it from a CD ROM drive.  You
can play your games; access the files; run the programs from your
disk drive instead of the CD-ROM.  I think you can even emulate your
audio CDs as well.

I don't think this has a lot of advantage for the average home user
that has access to a CD-ROM player or better all the time.  I think
the real advantage here is when one accesses their main files from a
Network and they find themselves often at workstations that do not
have CD-ROM players.  If the emulator works with a network, then one
could simply copy the image of the CD to their account on the Network
and then access it from any workstation.  That way you don't have to
carry your CDs from work place to work place nor worry if the
workstation you will be working at even has a CD ROM player.

If I am off base, then perhaps Pedro can enlighten us. :-)

Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]