Two e-mail lists to recommend here:

PC-ASK. Low volume list, but helpful.

send e-mail to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] with subscribe pc-ask in
the message body.

Win95-L, Win98-L, WinNT-L: (The WinNT list covers Windows 2K, and the
Win98-L list covers WindowsME)

send e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with subscribe (listname)
in
the message body.

I've been a member of the Win95/Win98 list for many years and there are
some VERY smart people there. I learned a lot about Windows there.

On Thu, 31 May 2001 01:38:47 +0300 "Dr.Mohamed Ismail"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Dear Friends
> I am looking for sites giving free advice concerning computer
> software
> problems, computer hardwareproblems and Internet connections. This
will
> be helpful if concerned with pc using  Windows 9x. Thanks in advance,
> Ismail

Leslie Gottlieb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]