You can also load the gmap.cur.kml file into QGis like this, and that will display the event, raypaths, and stations like in Google Earth. If you use this while you are locating an event, you will have to click the "Refresh" button (F5) in Qgis each time you want to reload the location - I haven't yet found a way to do this automatically like in Google Earth.

Cheers,

Felix

--
Felix Halpaap | Postdoctoral Research Fellow | Dep. of Earth Science |
University of Bergen
Allégaten 41, 5007 Bergen, Norway | felix.halp...@uib.no | +47 55 58 34 11  |
Office 2B18c

On 2020-10-09 15:42, Roderick Stewart wrote:
Is there any way to convert a Nordic format hypocentre list into a format that can be read by a GIS?

I’m using QGIS.

--
Roderick Stewart
Research Fellow (Volcano-Seismology), Montserrat Volcano Observatory

phone: (+1-664) 491-5647
fax: (+1-664) 491-2423
direct line: (+1-664) 491-5726
mobile: (+1-664) 495-0743