Often during my manual testing, I'm making use of the Firefox WebDeveloper extension and its ability to post the current page to validator.w3.org/check

Is there anyway to automate this with selenium? So I could browse to a page, push it to the validator, then check for the "yes this validates" content?

I could easily use the format:

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=someUrlGoesHere

but often the server I'm testing against is an internal DNS that doesn't externally resolve, or is session protected (which is where there form upload comes into play).

I would assume I'd add a new command into selenium, that took the current document and posts it.

Has anyone written one already at all?