All,
I'm having trouble with the standalone Selenium server (0.3). I'm also
experiencing the same issue when I try and host the Selenium test pages under a
different server than is hosting the web-site (I've tried Tomcat...but still
get this same error). We're using Selenium 0.5 for this. FWIW, I can run my
selenium tests OK if I run them under the AUT. I'm using FireFox when this
error occurs. Ironically, when I use IE this error does not occur, but since IE
can't handle the Xpath in my tests it bombs out a little later :-(

I turned on Debug level Javascript logging and here's what it says:

Javascript Log Console (Close Clear)
    * Executing: |open | http://myserver:1000/login.jsp | |
    * CODED - LOAD
    * Executing: |type | userId | weblogic |
    * Permission denied to set property Window.alert

I found an archive selenium message where someone had this same issue and a
response was that perhaps FireFox's XSS (security) was a bit overzealous. But I
can't find any settings pertaining to XSS on FireFox's site (and knowledgebase).

Long story short: Is there anyway I can host the Selenium pages from one web
server and have them test the AUT that's being hosted on another web server? My
use case is that testers aren't going to have access to the target web server
to change pages, so giving them their own environment is a requirement. Thanks
in advance.

-ryan

Ryan Shriver > Managing Consultant > Dominion Digital > dominiondigital.com