On Fri, September 16, 2005 2:00, Chris Hoy said:

> I am new to selenium so excuse the question
> When I use the type command to put text into a field the onkeyUp etc
> event are not throw. How do I get selenium to simulate these event?

In the development version of Selenium we've implemented a new "fireEvent"
command.  See http://jira.public.thoughtworks.org/browse/SEL-92

It's just a new command, so you could probably plumb it into v0.5 as a
user-extension:

    Selenium.prototype.doFireEvent = function(locator, event) {
        var element = this.page().findElement(locator);
        triggerEvent(element, event, false);
    };

This allows you to

    | fireEvent | someField | keyUp |