> One easy solution I have found (which is probably not very
> ideal) is having a build target that archives the Selenium
> directory along with the other web files into your
> application's war, so that Selenium can be deployed along
> with your application.
>
> Any better ideas would be appreciated.

I went with the selenium archive approach as well, however I wanted to avoid
having to re-war/re-deploy the selenium app when just making changes to the
tests.

So I still mount selenium.war with all of the selenium js, etc., files, but
with no HTML tests in it. Instead the test frame asks for /Selenify, which
is a separate webapp+servlet that loads the test files directly off the hard
drive each time.

As a bonus, the test files are written in a plain-text DSL and then
dynamically translated by the servlet into the list of tests and each
individual test case.

E.g. the test cases look like:

open /foo
type field1: some text here
clickAndWait submit

The servlet code is pretty simple, though I'd be willing to post it
somewhere if people are interested.

(As an aside, I love selenium reading pure-HTML test cases as then it makes
environment-solutions generation/customization like this very easy.)

- Stephen