On Freitag, 28. Dezember 2007, Yaron Koren wrote:
> How about ~%substring% instead? The "~" is the symbol for pattern matching
> in Perl and some UNIX languages, and it might be a clearer indicator of
> function than "%".

I would immediately use that, but IFRC the Halo extension has a similar syntax
for a custom editing-distance database function (requires modified MySQL
version, and probably also has significant performance issues).

So the question is whether we want to overwrite that (assuming that this
particular Halo function is not used widely), or is there another idea for
doing it? Other imaginable operators on my keyboard would be #, &, ?, @ --
none really as nice as ~ ...

Markus