Hi,

Yes, it's possible to get around this problem using #if statements, but that
seems like an awful lot of work: an #if call for every field in every
template.

And null values wouldn't have to be stored in the semantic-property tables,
just like (I assume) they're not stored now, so there wouldn't have to be
any extra precautions taken for such values - no show-stopping expected.

-Yaron