On Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2008, Samuel Richardson wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> This sounds excellent, I take it that Google Maps would utilise the same
> framework if it gets added?

Yes, SRF is really meant as a handy collection of added formats with diverse
maintainers, so Google Maps would fit well. The idea was to have a single
extension instead of one for each format. The extension has a simple way to
decide which formats to enable during setup, so it's not "all or nothing".

We will also try to provide synchronised file releases of SRF with SMW, so
it's also a way to promote formats that might otherwise not be noticed.
Extensions that are more than just formats should of course still be
maintained in separate projects.

Denny is the principal maintainer of SRF, so it's best to drop him a line when
a new format should be added/moved in.

Regards,

Markus