We need to check this in more detail. Strangely, Timeline works well on recent
development versions of MediaWiki 1.14. It would be unusual for MW 1.13.0 to
include major changes that are not found in MW 1.14 or MW 1.12.

The text about JavaScript being disabled is not generated based on any check.
It is simply the content of the HTML page that you will see if the required
JavaScripts did not run (for whatever reason). On properly configured sites,
this should happen only if JavaScript is disabled, hence the text.

Please provide a URL that shows the problem. The problem could be caused by a
custom skin, or by a wrong version of SRF (note that Timeline is not part of
SMW 1.4 any more). It might also be that some cache shows outdated HTML to
you.

Regards,

Markus

On Sonntag, 11. Januar 2009, Keven Ring wrote:
> A small amendment:
>   I upgraded to SMW 1.4.1, and the timeline still does not render (same
> results as with SMW 1.3).
>
> Keven Ring wrote:
> > We recently upgraded our MediaWiki install to 1.13.3.  Once this was
> > completed, our SMW Timelines stopped displaying.
> >
> > Instead, we get the text:
> > Use a JavaScript-enabled browser to view this element.
> >
> > followed by the items that would normally have been displayed in the
> > timeline.
> >
> > While this certainly could be a MediaWiki problem, it would seem that
> > SMW is having issues determining if the browser supports JavaScript
> > (Firefox 3.0.5, JavaScript enabled) - perhaps SMW is using an (old) MW
> > method to determine this?
> >
> > I also compared the sample Timeline
> > [http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Timeline] page source with ours - it
> > appears that similar data (minus the timeline data itself) was the same.
> >
> > Versions:
> > MediaWiki: 1.13.3
> > SMW: 1.3
> >
> > Thoughts?