On Montag, 2. März 2009, Sergey Chernyshev wrote:
> I just upgraded TechPresentations.org to trunk SMW and have troubles using
> imported vocabularies.
>
> Import page exists:
> http://www.techpresentations.org/MediaWiki:Smw_import_foaf
>
> But [[imported from:foaf:homepage]] does not make any difference:
> http://www.techpresentations.org/Property:Homepage
>
> I had to use [[has type::Type:URL]] to ensure type enforcement.

There have indeed been some changes there somewhere around SMW 1.3/1.4. I
assumed that this is a very rarely used feature, hence did not send any
warnings. Effectively, there is currently no more datatype enforcement for
imported properties and you always need to specify the property datatype
explicitly.

This is the result of some internal clean up. We currently do not have an
architecture that allows one datavalue to set further annotations (this is
what needs to happen if imported-from statements shall lead to implicit has-
type statements). I am unsure how to best achieve this in a clean way. The
historic implementation was not clean, introducing various special cases
during parsing.

As I said, I did not consider this as a used feature so far (simply because
there are only few uses of the RDF export, which is the only thing that
importing influences).

Cheers,

Markus

--