> > Related to this is the notion of named fields.  Please give the option
> > to attach meaningful names to the fields for querying purposes, so
> > that the user doesn't have to specify a positional list of values.
> > For instance:
> >
> > [[has fields:: name=String; count=Number; source=Page]]
> >
> > This would allow queries for instances of the property by means of a
> > specific value for the name, property, and/or source.
>
> As I said, this task can be approached now. It is not going to be an
> extension
> of Type:List (the current favourite name of "Value list"), but another type
> that allows for these inputs (how could this be called?). Thanks for your
> syntax proposal; I think this is probably the most straightforward syntax to
> pick.

Another possibility, which I partly use in the SQFT extension,  would be to
supply the names via other properties on the property page which allows
different set of names for different purposes (e.g. as index replacement in ask
queries, as table headers etc.):

[[has fields:: String; Number; Page]]
[[has names:: name; count; source]]
[[has long_names:: official id of component; occurences between 2000 and 2007;
first publication mentioning component]]
[[has headers:: ID by EMBL; 2000-2007 ; Publication]]

Gu