> > Another oddity is that when using Spezial:Semantische Suche
> (is that
> > Special:Ask? I never used it before...) it always prepends
> the Query
> > part  with "broadtable20" after clicking the "Finde
> Ergebnisse" Button
> > - and  this is even independent of asking for a Category or
> a single page.
>
> This is strange and could hint at a URL encoding problem. Can
> you reproduce the problem on sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org?
> The code for Special_Ask was recently extended by Yaron, so
> maybe he has an idea if this could be related.

Yep, there seems to be a problem with the URL encoding of the p[]-array
and, no, I cannot reproduce it in the Sandbox:

Sandbox URL:
http://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Ask?title=Special%3AA
sk&q=[[Category%3ASMW+unit+tests]]&po=&sort_num=&order_num=ASC&eq=yes&p[
format]=broadtable&p[limit]=20&p[headers]=&p[mainlabel]=&p[link]=&p[intr
o]=&p[outro]=&p[default]=&eq=yes#

My MW 1.15 with SMW 1.5 with Firefox:
http://suzwiki.man.m.dasa.de/smwtest/index.php?title=Spezial:Semantische
_Suche&q=[[Kategorie%3AProdukt]]&order_num=ASC&eq=yes&p[]=broadtable&p[]
=20&p[]=&p[]=&p[]=&p[]=&p[]=&p[]=

My MW 1.15 with SMW 1.5 with IE 6:
http://tor.suzwiki.man.m.dasa.de/torw/index.php?title=Spezial:Semantisch
e_Suche&q=%5B%5BKategorie%3AProdukt%5D%5D&sc=0&eq=yes&p=format%3Dul

My MW 1.15 with SMW 1.4.3:
http://tor.suzwiki.man.m.dasa.de/torw/index.php?title=Spezial:Semantisch
e_Suche&q=%5B%5BKategorie%3AProdukt%5D%5D&sc=0&eq=yes&p=format%3Dul

Seems to me that the p[]-array indices are missing.

> > Whenever I put an #ask-query on a page that queries for all
> pages in a
> > category, then all I get is an empty page (not even the
> output around
> > the  query is printed any more).
>
> This is usually seen when some memory issue occurs, e.g. due
> to more source code being loaded now. You can try to increase
> the PHP memory limit in LocalSettings.php (where requirements
> above 50M are unusual even if you use normal-sized queries; I
> found it needed on some wikis that create very long/broad
> result tables but basic operation should usually work with 20M).

Not so much more information on that issue, I traced the results of SMW
back to doAsk() and they are ok.

At the moment I think it might be more of an issue with the character
set in my DB and Mediawiki .. maybe that is even the source for the
first problem....

Regards, Stefan