On 05/11/2010 23:07, Joel Natividad wrote:
> Markus,
> Great stuff!!!  The new logo and the site refresh should really help
> with evangelization and increase adoption.

Thanks a lot. We have put some effort into this, and I also hope that it
is quite useful for the project.

> And speaking of evangelization, has the team considered setting up a
> cafepress store for branded swag (shirts, mugs, hoodies, hats/caps,
> stickers, etc.) so SMW users can show their SMW pride!
>
> Better yet, setting up a cafepress store is free
> (http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/index.aspx?area=learn&page=learn)
> and proceeds from the store can also help fund some expenses and SMW
> initiatives.
>
> FYI, a lot of open source projects have their logowear in Cafepress.
> (to name a few - OpenSource.org, OpenOffice, OpenSolaris, JBOSS,  and
> of course, Wikipedia - http://www.cafepress.com/wikipedia)
>
> Now, what we need is a tagline....  Is it still "Semantics to the People!"?
>
> What about a contest for a tagline?  And the winner gets to pick some
> SMW swag from the SMW cafepress store ;)

Sounds like a good idea. We will soon look into this.

Regarding the tagline, I am open to suggestions, though I like the old
one, too. And one can probably also have versions without a tagline or
with different taglines.

Regards,

Markus