On 27/05/11 12:30, Freako F. Freakolowsky wrote:
> As i said, i can take a look (at the code that is). But as i've never
> used SMW before i'd need some pointers on how to actualy test it.

Ah, now I understand ... the problem that was reported by Rahul is a
failure of the installation script that creates/updates the DB tables.
So the according test is to follow the SMW installation instructions
(copy files to extension folder, include file, go to the page
Special:SMWAdmin and click on "initialise tables" [requires the web user
to modify tables] or run the maintenance script SMW_setup.php [can use
credentials from AdminSettings.php]). The code that attempts the related
database updates is in [1].

Our main development support list is semediawiki-devel [2] (CC), and you
can also find help on our IRC channel (#semantic-mediawiki at freenode).
Jeroen recently fixed PostgreSQL support, so he might have some further
suggestion what to test (or how to fix it). It might turn out that most
Oracle support mainly requires that the code that now checks for
postgres also checks for oracle (but otherwise does the same alternative
things). Our current code often relies on DBMS names -- ideally, this
should be changed to use the boolean methods of MediaWiki's Database
class to check specific DBMS capabilities directly.

Regards,

Markus

[1]
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/includes/storage/SMW_SQLHelpers.php?view=markup