Dear SMW Community,

we are happy to announce that SMWCon Fall 2011 will be held in Berlin on
the days of September 21 to 23. Following the success of the SMWCon
Spring 2011, it will feature a similar three-day setup with an
additional hands-on/tutorial day before the two conference days.

The event will be hosted by the Web-Based Systems Group of Prof. Chris
Bizer at Free University Berlin. The group is well-known for its
influential research related to semantics and Wikipedia, most
prominently for the DBPedia dataset, and thus is a perfect match for
SMW. The local organizers will be Anja Jentzsch and Christian Becker.

Besides these wonderful hosts, Berlin as such is a brilliant location to
have the meeting in. For one thing, it is also the base of the German
Wikimedia chapter. Berlin is also a very convenient city to reach and to
stay in, and a great place to spend the weekend after the event
(following the good feedback in SMWCon Spring, we have now positioned
SMWCon at the end of the week rather than on the weekend).

As usual, informal registration and programme proposals can be made via
the wiki page [1]. Contributions are very welcome! Seeing how vibrant
the SMW community is these days [2], I am sure that we can again compile
an inspiring and innovative programme. I hope to meet many of you in Berlin.

Many further details will be provided at [1], and important news will
also be announced on these lists.

Cheers,

Markus

[1] http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2011
[2] The major SemTech conference that just ended had a total of 6
sessions on Semantic MediaWiki this year! Maybe somebody who attended
could provide some feedback in a separate thread.