Hey,
On help page http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Template_format it's mentioned: /Parameter "userparam" - Type "text" - default "empty" - description "A value passed into each template call, if a template is used "/ Unfortunately there is no example of its usage in the SMW documentation (as far as I've seen).

Can a developer check the code and explain to me how to use userparam? Noone on the user list seems to know, and while I find the string "userparam" in queryprinters SMW_QP_Category.php and SMW_QP_List.php (and in languages/SMW_Messages.php) I cannot read the code :-(

I have tried to use it as shown below, but I get results that do not include any /userparam/ provided.

I tried creating /Template:Test/ that simply prints /{{{1|empty}}} {{{2|empty}}} {{{3|empty}}}/, and then called it like this

   {{#ask:<selection>|format=template|template=test|link=none|userparam=bla}}

The result looks something like

   <pagename1>  empty empty
   <pagename2>  empty empty

while I would expect (or hope) to see

   <pagename1>  bla empty
   <pagename2>  bla empty

or maybe

   bla<pagename1>  empty
   bla<pagename2>  empty

in other words: the string provided in userparam doesn't show up in the template.
Thanks,
--
Jan "Saruman!" S.
"I'm a stream of noughts and crosses in your R.A.M."