Maybe smth like webinars or google hangouts with core developers could be
an option? I understand that it's easier to describe the architecture
verbally than to write a guide. I'm volunteering to do the technical
writing job, I think I know at least two more developers who also can help
with writing down.
-----
Yury Katkov, WikiVote