Comboboxes support the 'class' parameter in their field description.
Its value will be set in the class attribute of the select HTML
element. Maybe you can use that to identify your element. AFAIK the
combobox element does not have a setter for its value, but I think it
should work if you just set the value of the input. The combobox's
changed-event handler should then take care of setting the value of
the select element.