Many thanks for the feedback about RDFIO, Ben!

I think you are indeed right about the state of RDFIO, that it is indeed
rather unstable. I think all of this boils down to (at least) three things:

Firstly, the development of RDFIO has suffered from a constant lack of
time spent on it, from my side. Although I have made multiple sprints to
try  to get it into better shape, it has never really reached the state
when things are really worked through and polished to the extent it
should. Here I'm very happy about the efforts initialized by Joel Sachs,
to get a GSoC / OPW project started, where we now have Ali King already
doing a great job working on adding missing features, and on the whole
making a lot of badly needed polishing and improvements.

Secondly, the ontology support in RDFIO is really very new and untested
... and potentially far from complete. I think right now, the only OWL
construct supported is the owl#sameAs and owl#equivalentProperty if I
recall correctly (Ali might be able to correct me here ...). I think we
would need some real testing with some very good use cases, with example
code and and the desired result in the form of wiki pages, to make sure
that this fulfils the typical requirements. (Maybe you can provide some
such use cases and test cases? :) )

Thirdly, there is a little bit of a problem with the underlying library
that RDFIO builds upon, the ARC2 library, in that it is not really
maintained anymore, and hasn't really kept up with new features. Also
there has been some troubles with certain RDF constructs (especially
turtle code containing anonymous nodes), that seems to have caused
problems for ARC2.

So, all in all, I think RDFIO really needs some love in order to get to
a production ready state. I'm very happy to see more folks such as Joel
and Ali helping to make that happen, and I hope that we can figure out a
way to solve the stability and feature issues still remaining in the
near future, since I also find that a module such as RDFIO, would be
very very useful, if it just worked well enough.

Hope this gave some basic idea about the current state of RDFIO! Feel
free to ask, if you have more specific questions, and Ali, Joel or I
will try to answer as best as we can!

Cheers
// Samuel

Developer at www.uppmax.uu.se/uppnex / www.farmbio.uu.se / rilpartner.se