hm. if you can edit the page this means it was imported correctly (you also can
check the latest changes). the edit with form tab usually shows up when you
define a form for a category page. are the imported pages in the correct
category and does this category have the property "has default form" set?

if there is an edit with form tab and you can't see content in the form then
the page content is usually visible in the free text area. this would mean that
the import worked, but somehow the form doesn't recognise the call of the
template. can you paste the content of an imported page and one of a normal
page that was done with the form, so we can compare?

cheers,
Bernhard