Hey,

The conflict of the property namespace is the only issue that I can think
of. And I suspect you can get around that by configuring one of the two to
use a different name for this namespace. Then again, I've not tried this,
so might well be wrong.

Beware that Wikibase is nowhere near as ready as SMW for third party usage.
See my answer here for more details:
https://www.quora.com/To-implement-a-new-easy-to-use-semantic-MediaWiki-based-internal-knowledgebase-should-I-implement-Wikibase-or-Semantic-Mediawiki-Why

Cheers

--