Dear all,

Google has announced another round of their "Summer of Code" program, where
students get paid to do programming work for open source software and mentors
help them out.

In the past, several good things have come out of this, also for SMW.

MediaWiki is participating and there might be other organizations from the SMW
community. I don't have any background information on how this works, except
for the official information at [ https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/ |
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/ ]

But I do believe that we should have organization(s) and mentor(s) trying to
get students involved with SMW development.

Here are is some more information from MediaWiki.org:
[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/New_Developers |
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/New_Developers ] and
[ https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Good_first_bugs |
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Good_first_bugs ]

If anybody is willing and able to step up here as organization or mentor, we
could use the mailing list to combine efforts.

Cheers,
Bernhard