"[[kgh]]" <mediaw...@kghoffmeyer.de> writes:

> I guess always helps revealing what environment you use, e.g. PHP,
> MariaDB, MW, SMW, etc. Cheers, Karsten

You're right, but in the meantime, I found a fix for my problem.

In any case here are the specs:

- PHP: 5.6.40
- DB: Percona cluster with 3 servers.  5.7.23
- MW 1.2.3
- SMW: 2.5.7 (55b550a)

So, this afternoon, i gained some understanding of why my code didn't
work. The table "{$wgDBprefix}t3" is supposed to exist -- it a temporary
table that is created in HierarchyTempTableBuilder -- and it was
created, but it is an in-memory temporary table that SMW knew was the
replica db.  In-memory temporary tables, at least in my configuration,
are not replicated.

So, when the query I sent was run, the temp table existed on the replica
but not on the master.  And the query I sent was run against the master.

I think this is a bug which I'll report tomorrow, but I've worked around
it in the meantime with the following in my LocalSettings.php:

    $smwgLocalConnectionConf = [
        'mw.db' => [
            'read' => DB_MASTER,
            'write' => DB_MASTER