My understanding is we use the earliest time stamp  that confirms the presence
of severe sepsis, that can be physician documentation (which is usually late),
time of Lactic Acid >2.0, Triage that indicates qSOFA criteria, at least 1
indication of organ dysfunction.

From: Sepsisgroups <sepsisgroups-boun...@lists.sepsisgroups.org> On Behalf Of
Schrecengost, Lisa M.
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 1:49 PM
To: Cox, Debra M. (RN) <dm...@srhs.com>; sepsisgroups@lists.sepsisgroups.org
Subject: Re: [Sepsis Groups] severe sepsis presentation [External]

In the body of the physician's note, he says pneumonia (no time).  We have a
time of sepsis dx as 19:50 in the body.  At the D/C impression, he has primary
impression as Pneumonia & Additional Impression as severe sepsis... (no times)
  Our struggle is to find out if we can use the times within the body of the
note to meet our severe sepsis criteria, or do we have to take the time the
note was opened since he has  a dc impression of severe sepsis.  I have asked
quality net and it goes in circles.  I thought we used the time the note was
opened  only  if we did not have any times within the body of the note.  For
example, I have times for SIRS, the sepsis dx time, and lactate level of 2.9.
I thought the time would be 19:50 when all criteria meets, since we have times
in the documentation.   My coworker says since the dr has severe sepsis as an
impression, we have to use time note was opened for severe sepsis presentation
time.